Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blog Quatra (Four)

PowerPoints, huh? Personally I've been using PowerPoints since I was a wee tyke messing about on my family's brand new IBM PC. Ah, those were the days. I got it into my head to use one in a class project, taking along the data projector and utilizing the whiteboard to good use, I recieved quite a decent mark on the assignment. Ah, those were the days.... hm, deja vu.

My teacher at the time took a copy of my PowerPoint assignment to her University class as an example of using PowerPoints in the classroom. Such a nice idea of her to ask my permission first (not being sarcastic, she did ask) for to alleviate any plagiarism claims.

Ease of use; At the time, I had my father's help understanding how to use the program, but most of it was through trial, error, saving/backing-up files, etc. There is a help manual in the menu bar though if you get stuck.
Limitations; Little space for text, if text is your main basis of your presentation in that it is not coupled with a speech.
What it can do; PowerPoint can enable a presentation to flow easier with the drawing of an audience's visual attention and keeping them alert and focused whilst allowing the presenting student to retain the capacity to fill their heads with words, be it out loud or some other form of text based or oral vehicle.
Link; I have no idea how to embed a PowerPoint. Hopefully that will change in two hours or less (Edit: I still didn't find a way to embed a PowerPoint, or anything resembling one).

What it boils down to is that heavily relying on a PowerPoint is not the best idea but using it as an ally in the war that is asessment writing and grade winning, one would be able to possibly enlist it in the best way possible for that student or presenter of whatever means is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment